Wednesday, May 25, 2016

When Life Gives You Lemons, LEMONADE, PTO and Dope LadyArtist friends......

Rebellious self care is constant work. I usually tell myself that I shouldn't indulge in an activity because there is work to be done. And when I see an amazing opportunity that I want to be a part of, I beat myself up by thinking of all the things I should have done to be ready for that opportunity.
Well, that doesn't work. I just feel bad. I don't move forward.

Nowadays I try to keep things balanced. I stay focused on my grind and work hard, but I also fit in fun. I have been finding that the fun is replenishing my spirit in new ways. Not only am I happier, but I am super inspired as well.

Went to the album release party for SassyBlack's solo project. DOPE! Besides being motivated by her creative progression, I ran into a plethora of amazing women that I don't see often enough.
Then I attended  the Formation Tour with my bestie, sister, the majority of my high school, all the women at my day job and half the black women in my county. No, we did not all have seats together, but we were certainly in attendance. The night was amazing!  The homie saw DJ Khaled! There were flames, and fireworks and confetti (not made from the teeth of side chicks)! Don't take my word for it. Check my snaps:




Always inspired by Beyonce's professionalism and work ethic, I was in awe by her joy. On stage wasn't just woman at the top of her field, in full control of her career. We got to see the dreams of a little girl brought to fruition. You could tell she was having fun and enjoying the performance just as much as any fan in that stadium.
Picking up on that joy I was filled with the desire to create it in someone else.  I want to make someone's favorite something! Knowing that I could create something to trigger emotion in someone else has been my dream since day one. The tour made me me long for it even more.



Needless to say I was not happy to go back to work the next day! So instead I took that longing and used it as fuel. I connected with some fellow artist with the hopes to collaborate. I will keep ya'll posted on what we cook up together.

No comments:

Post a Comment